Saturday, March 31, 2007

Circular No 282





Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 31 of March 2007. No. 282
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends
In this Circular we have sad news, the passing away of Andres Eloy Moffie.
I did talk to him through the years by telephone and even visited his town of residence just as his work place, but never had the luck to meet him.
But I met a few times his brother Edgar with whom I had a nice chat and even took photos which were published in past issues.
His last email reproduced below is full of hope for a better future
---------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: ANDRES MOFFIE

Sent: 12/26/2006 4:35:36 PM

To: Subject: EN ESTE TIEMPO
Buenas tardes amigos todos del anos de juventud acumulada, saludos fraternos, y que la estrella de Belen siga brillando en sus corazones, para que el venidero ano sigamos y/o mejoremos todo lo que este a nuestro alcance para vivir en un mundo mejor.
Son mis mas sinceros deseos.
Amigos y companeros por siempre.
Andres Eloy Moffie.
Good afternoon friends all of the years of accumulated youth, fraternal greetings, and that the star of Belen continue shining in your hearts, so that in the coming year we improve everything what is within our reach to live in a better world.
It is my more sincere desire.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the emails received on the sad news from friends and oldboys.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From:
Salvador Coscarart
Sent:
Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:30 AM
Hello everyone, this announcement is to let you all know ABBEY BOYS that our friend ELOY MOFFIE has past away, our prayers is with him and his family.
Edgar call me this morning and ask of me to let you all know.
Salvador.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: nchacha57@aol.com

Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 12:55:14 -0400
Salvador, did you know what he died from?
I am so sorry to hear that, I sent him a few emails and never got a response.
I will call you later today.
Neil
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: corpometal@hotmail.com
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 17:06:07 +0000
Hola Salvador:
Acabo de recibir tu correo con la triste noticia de Eloy, mucho lamento esta triste perdida y a la vez muy alarmada, quisiera me dieras mas detalles de lo sucedido.
Acabo de llamar a mi hermano Luciano porque el no se encuentra en la zona esta en Caracas con mis padres y llega manana, me dijo que tan pronto llega a Pto. Ordaz se comunica con la familia de Eloy y con Edgar.
Mis oraciones estan con Eloy, paz a sus restos
Recibe un beso y abrazo, igualmente para tu familia.
Carios
Nadia Mellone
I have received your mail with the sad news of Eloy, I regret this sad lost and simultaneously I am very alarmed, I would like you to give me details of what happened. I just called my brother Luciano because is not in the area, he is in Caracas with my parents and arrives tomorrow, he said to me that as soon he arrives to Pto. Ordaz he would communicate with Eloy and Edgar family. My prayers are with Eloy, peace to his rest.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Glen Mckoy
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:40:07 AM
Dear Edgar,
I just read the bad news in a email from Coscarat.
On behalf of all of us here, my family and Hudson family, we pray for you and your family.
I just want you know I always liked you guys, we were all young and had so much fun, this will always be in my heart, our love is with you now in our prays, please take care of your self, be strong my brother, as time goes on please keep in contact.
A brother from the abbey, may God bless our brother Eloy,
Glen.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlos Dvorak -
Date:
3/26/2007 1:24:30 PM
Siento mucho que estemos en la misma lista, pero creo que el esta hoy mejor que nosotros.
Saludos y abrazos a todos
CARLOS DVORAK

I regret very much that we are in the same list, but I believe that he is today better than we.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
De:
Alfredo Montiel Bezara [mailto:amontielb@movistar.net.ve]
Enviado el:
Lunes, 26 de Marzo de 2007 11:41 a.m.
Edgar!!
Verdad que lo siento mucho, Oscar Cantore me llamo tambi辿n a primera hora del Domingo y me lo comento, entiendo que fue un infarto en la Clinica.
Un abrazo,
Alfredo Montiel Bezara.
Truth that I feel much, Oscar Cantore I am also called to first hour of the Domingo and me the comment, I understand that it was an infarct in the Clinic.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From:
Attila GYURIS
Date:
3/26/2007 11:26:10 AM
May he Rest in Peace.
It makes us all pause, reflect and take measure of our lives as well.
Life is so ephemeral.
My condolences to his family,
Attila Gyuris
MSB 1964-1969
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From:
Don Mitchell CBE QC
Date:
3/25/2007 10:15:34 AM
What sad news.
I did not know Eloy, but our numbers are already fixed and limited, and the loss of each one of us is doubly tragic.
Maggie and my thoughts go out to his family and friends at this time.
Don and Maggie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.

From : Art & Val Knaggs
Sent : Friday, February 23, 2007 12:49 PM
To : cuthpax@yahoo.co.uk
Subject : RE: Mary's Lamb
Dear Fr. Cuthbert
What a fabulous message, ad I have a lot of "Teacher" and "Religious" friends, so I will certainly pass it on. The Pictures are as meaningful as the words.
Great to hear from you, as you are the last of our Teaching and Spiritual Directors of the Monestary that holds somany wonderful memories and experiances for me (and all those others who passed through the Gates of Pax.
Keep in touch, ur prayers are always there for the Priests and Brothers.
Via con Dios.
Art
MARY'S LAMB
Think carefully about what you will be reading.
This is a new one for me...
Mary had a little Lamb,
His fleece was white as snow.
And everywhere that Mary went,
The Lamb was sure to go.
He followed her to school each day,
T' wasn't even in the rule.
It made the children laugh and play,
To have a Lamb at school.
And then the rules all changed one day,
Illegal it became;
To bring the Lamb of God to school,
Or even speak His Name!
Every day got worse and worse,
And days turned into years.
Instead of hearing children laugh,
We heard gun shots and tears.
What must we do to stop the crime,
That's in our schools today?
Let's let the Lamb come back to school,
And teach our kids to pray!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To finish this Circular I have included photos taken by Roberto Bodignton, some without the necessary names.
Please send in your comments so that I may place names to the faces.
God Bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
57RB0001a3, Elias y Isaias Farcheg

57RB0001a1, UNKNOWN

58RB0001a5, UNKNOWN

58RB0001a4, UNKNOWN
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: