Saturday, August 18, 2007

Circular No 302





Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 18 August 2007. No. 302
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Here is some more news on the DVD that has been prepared relating the 2003 Reunion that took place a few years ago.
Thanks to Salvador Coscarart and Attila Gyuris.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salvador Coscarart
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 3:54:40 PM
gfaria@angostura.com
Hola Ladislao,
AquĆ­ otro estudiante del Abbey School que vive en Trinidad.
Saludos
Salvador Coscarart.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 22:12:54 -0400
From: gfaria@angostura.com
To: salborbolla@hotmail.com

Hi Salvador,
Your reputation precedes you.
I remember when I first arrived at the Mount the talk was all about what Coscarart did.
I was there from 1973 Sept and then stayed on until 1976 because I taught for a yr and was in charge of the boarding house, much smaller than what it was like when you were there.
The guys I know better are
Joe Berment
Edmond Sanior
Winston Ramshai
Fee
Joseph Maryuen
Tim Healy
I work with Angostura and travel a fair amount to Europe and the North America. Have not been to Louisiana for some time but will call you when next I am passing through the US.

Best
Gabe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: Salvador Coscarart [mailto:salborbolla@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 14 August 2007 12:38 AM
Hello Gabriel,
My name is salvador coscarart,
I attended the abbey school from 67 to 74.
Neil Charles sent me your information and told me you were trying to locate us .
Well here we are.
I was born in Venezuela but now I live in the USA, in Louisiana Lafayette.
My phone #' are office 337-837-4230, my cell 337-303-6124., and my home 337-668-4595.
I work in the oilfield and i spend a lot of time in the gulf of Mexico.
So hope fully we can get in touch one of this days.
Best wishes
Salvador coscarart.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Dear Attila
I shall be waiting for the DVD to attach it to the memorabilia that I am in a disorderly orderly fashion been collecting.
God Bless
Laci
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Attila GYURIS gyuris@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 1:34:16 AM
Subject: Re: Video of the Old Boys' Reunion of 2003

Dear Laci:
Just as an update:
I am having problems with my DVD-RW writer on my computer right now, so I have not been able to make a duplicate copy of that 2003 Abbey School reunion at the Mount DVD I promised you.
But as soon as I fix it, I will make a copy and send it to you.
Attila
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ladislao kertesz wrote:
Dear Attila
No great promise, except to send in photos and a small resume, to let other know about the happenings.
I have some photos but nobody in the mailing list knows the names of some of the assistants.
At the same time it is sad that 50% of those that attended don´t have a computer or do not have an email address to send the Circulars.
Address:
Ladislao Kertesz
Apartado 69072
Caracas 1062A Venezuela
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------
From: Attila GYURIS gyuris@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 3:07:34 PM
Dear Laci:
Sorry to hear that there was no cohesion in the MSB alumni ranks.
I had no idea.
Just curious, what promises did they make?
Send me a good street address to mail the DVD to.
Attila
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ladislao kertesz wrote:
Dear Attila,
I was not in the Reunion 2003.
Those of the committee did promise a resume and to send photos with names but were not forthcoming at the end.
The president of the committee was not interested in other alumni other than his immediate classmates (1985).
I feel that Alumni are all of us, and if we do not collaborate then the history would not be complete.
So please send me the CD to keep the archive as complete as we can after all these years.
Thank you Salvador.
You know what is best.
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------
From: Attila GYURIS
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2007 7:43:56 PM
Dear Ladislao:
Just to let you know,
I have a copy on DVD of the amateur video shot and narrated by Salvador Coscarat of the 2003 Old Boy's Reunion at Mount St. Benedict.
You were there, so you know what I am talking about.
In summary for everybody else:
It has some great shots of the outside of the old Abbey School, the Refectory, the Monastery and the Church, the "green tank", the "White Stones", the old woodworking shop on top and the scouts' house behind it, the basketball court, and of a walk through the bush to the old water reservoir.
It also has video of the priests and faces during the Reunion Party, especially of Fr.Cuthbert, Fr. Augustine and Miss Kitty Marcus.
At the end, it also includes a video of a short drive in Port-of-Spain through the dirty window of a taxi.
It is sure to bring forth a bunch of old memories, both good and bad, to everyone who has attended the Abbey School, I am sure.
I think it is a historical video that should be preserved.
Unfortunately Salvador could not get inside the old Abbey School building because it is fenced off and is leased out, so there is no video of the old classroom and dormitories. What a bummer.
I would be more than happy to make copies to anyone who may want it.
Although I was thinking of perhaps, better yet, putting it up on a website so anybody can download it at will.
The video DVD-R is full at 4.34 GB and it is about 1 3/4 hour long, so it is a rather large file.
I have to find somebody with a website who is willing to host this large file for the downloads.
Let me know.

Hasta luego amigo,
Attila Gyuris
Abbey School Alumnus
1964-1969
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Peter Webster
cheryl webster

Friday, July 27, 2007 2:42:20 AM
Hi, Hope you are well.
I wanted to thank Glen Evelyn for the lap top that he supplied to Peter Webster but in trying to find his e-mail address I discovered that the circulars that I saved cannot be opened –
they are being blocked by Microsoft to protect my computer and that may be the reason I am not receiving your circulars any longer.
If it's not too much trouble could you send me the address for Glen?
Thank you and God Bless,
Cheryl Webster (Chris' wife).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Use the code on the photos when replying.

This is for now, keep well.
God Bless
Ladislao
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:

69AG0003AGYQSCOUT, Attila Gyuris’ Queen Scout Award
69AG0002AGYGRAD, Graduation invitation
66AG0001AGYSCOUTPARROTS, Attila’s patrol.
06AG0001AGYJOB, Attila’s Job nowadays

No comments: