Saturday, February 17, 2007

Circular No 276





Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 17 February 2007. No. 276
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Here I am including the photos taken during our monthly dinner here in Caracas.
I am preparing a lunch for Sunday, 4 of March in Puerto La Cruz, where I am visiting an Alumni, Wbladimiro Diaz.
Working on another new Circular guy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Susan Anderson
Sent: 11/7/2006 10:13:55 AM
Ladislao:
My brother's name is Robert Anderson he went to Mount St. Benedict College in Trinidad a long time ago, I am not sure of the year.
His e-mail address is RFA246@aol.com,
Regards
Susan
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: ladislao Kertesz
To: susan.anderson070@sympatico.ca
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 8:09 AM
Dear Susan
Thank you for the answer.
Yes I need to contact your brother.
I have several Andersons in the list; can you tell me his first name??
Sorry for the insistence
God Bless
Ladislao
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Susan Anderson
Sent: 9/18/2006 10:04:42 AM
I have no idea how you got my e-mail address.
I have nothing to do with Mount St. Benedict in T & T.
However, my brother went to Mt. St. Benedict a long time ago.
I have forwarded this to him
Regards
Susan Anderson
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMPLE LETTER SENT TO POSSIBLE ALUMNI
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 9:36 PM
Dear Friends,
Please can you help to round up some of the ALUMNI of the Abbey School, Mt.St.Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago???
The school list has been lost and we are in the process to unite the ALUMNI.
God Bless
Ladislao Kertesz, Editor
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fr. Christopher 15 jan 07
Dear Ladislao,
I'll let you have the full name of the Jamaican brother.
I'm in The Netherlands at the moment for a medical check.
Just about a year ago I underwent open heart surgery here and I have to take the necessary tests and checks to see if all is going well.
I hope to return to T&T before Easter.
God bless and keep well.
Fr. Christopher
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: ladislao kertesz
To: htt41@hotmail.com
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:10:56 -0800 (PST)
Dear Fr. Christopher
Thank you for the resume that you sent to Andres.
I hope that you are well and will have a wonderful 2007.
God Bless
Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fr. Christopher 15 jan 07
Dear Ladislao,
Best wishes for the New Year.
May it bring you the blessings of happiness, joy and good health and many more for yourself and your loved ones.
Keep up the good work of keeping in touch with the past students of the former Mount Abbey School.
Now the missing names on the photograph:
1.
2 Bro. Joseph Perez
3 Bro. from Jamaica (forgot his name, has since left)
4 Fr. John Pereira (present abbot)
5 Bro. Felix Pope (has since left)
6.
7 Bro. Tony Badri
8 Bro. John Cassian D'Arceuil
9 Bro. Rupert Alexis
10 Bro. Camillus Culley (has since died)
11.
12 Fr. Francis Alleyne (previous abbot, now bishop of Georgetown, Guyana)
13 Fr. Christopher Theunissen
14 Fr. Odo van der Heijdt
15 Bro. Marius Williams
(Please remember to use the file number accompanying the photo when you fill in the missing names, this makes it easier to update the photos. Ed.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Abbey School MSB: Update on Kitty Marcus from Fr Christopher (htt41@hotmail.com) Andres Larsen Sunday, December 24, 2006 1:10:45 PM
Update on Kitty Marcus from Fr Christopher at his e-mail address: htt41@hotmail.com
Henry Theunissen wrote:
Dear Andres,
This is Fr Christopher.
Upon reading your memories I felt compelled to update you a bit.
I still have vague memories of you and some of the others you mention.
I believe you had more contact with my cousin Fr. Edward, who unfortunately died at the relatively young age of 50 from cancer about 17 years ago.
I myself left to study for my theology doctorate by the middle of 1966 and when I returned you had left abbey school already.
I want to refresh your memory of some of the other priests who are still with us today:
Fr. Benedict (Vush),
Fr. Augustine (Rughead),
Fr. Odo.
You may also remember Br. Gerard (or Rupert as he was then known).
Miss Kitty Marcus is still among the living and retired to a nursing home which we opened some twenty years ago near the sportsfield. She is in her nineties. Her mind is still very clear and if you go to see her you must at least put aside some two hours. She does ask for you from time to time and remembers you very well, you were one of her special boys I get the impression.
Mr Basanta still lives down the road not far from the abbey.
The many others priests you must have known have all passed on (Frs. Bernard, Peter Canisius, Chrysostom Lee Singh, Francis, Abbot Adelbert, Br. Camillus of the apiary,
Fr. Gregory and his brother Theo and so many others.
You must try and visit us some time after all these years.
You will be most welcome.
Wishing you the very best and especially a glorious Easter.
Fr. Christopher
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rolph Hive's ad
Robert deVerteuil
ViewTuesday, January 30, 2007 3:06:43 PM
Hi Ladislao,
Saw Rolph and got his address: rhive@otsl.biz
Also sent him the last 6 circulars you sent me.
Best regards
Robert
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some new photos of us here in Caracas. Still catching up.
God Bless
Ladislao
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03UN0001CLEMSB, Group photo of the clergy with names 2003.
07LK0001LKGRP, Monthly dinner group Manuel Prada, Pedro Castro, Urbano de fedak
07LK0002LKGRP, Monthly dinner group Bro. Joseph Dorset, Bernard Fontaine, Carlos Dvorak
07LK0003LKGRP, Monthly dinner group, Pedro Castro Urbano de Fedak, Bro. Joseph Dorset
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Peter Sammy said...

My Name is Peter Sammy I was at the abbey School between 1972 and 1977. I live in Curepe and operate an electrical engineering consulting firm (Design Engineering Services Limited)at St. Joseph, I would like to get in touch with persons of that era. Thanks Peter.